Has this ever happened to you!? Please read!

Just wondering if anyone else has ever gone through this..? I have a 7 1/2 month old daughter and I stay home with her, she has no problem at all letting other people hold her, play with her, talk to her ect. when we go to my parents house, my grandmas house, friends houses, shes FINE (acts normal) BUT if we dare to go visit my boyfriends parents house she throws a fit and cries everytime they TALK to her, hold her, everything...they have babysat for us maybe 4 times and everytime she cries the whole entire time they say until she falls asleep.Sooo we always have to take her to my parents house because shes good with them! what do ya'll think?????

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 9:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she just doesn't like them. When I was a baby, I would scream whenever my dad's mother - she is NOT my grandmother - was anywhere near me. I guess I sensed that she was an evil, horrible person.
    allans_girl

Answer by allans_girl at 10:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Give her time. My son had an issue with a nursery worker at church. After a year, he was just fine with her!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There are small things people do that make a big difference and babies pick up on it. When my grandbaby was that age he did OK for me and really liked my son, his uncle. He is great with strangers. We take him to the dog park and he is a hit with cute girls. He lets people hold him.

She took the baby to stay with her family in another state and stayed 2 weeks. Even after all that time he wouldn't let anyone touch him.

When my son and I come home we say hi to the dog and talk to her. The cats come running and we pet them. At my DIL house they yell at the dog if she runs to the door. That show a difference in how people are. It can be much less obvious.

They could even be trying too hard. They really want the baby to like them.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• When my daughter was that age she did that with my inlaws everytime she saw them she would cry but was fine around anyone else..
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• OMG, my 7 1/2 month old daughter is the SAME way. She loves everyone, but she HATES my MIL. She likes everyone on his side of the family except her. I don't like her either, so maybe she senses that? LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think babies can pick up on tension and feelings towards other people. Theres a guy that used to go over to my in laws every sunday. We lived with my in laws until my daughter was a year old. She STILL cries when he's around.. and it's probably cuz none of us really like him. (she's 18 months)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My oldest would do that when he saw my mother. I loved it. I laughed. And she would babysit him like every 4 months or so. But when he met my MIL for the first time he loved her and he has only seen her once. Gotta love it. Babies are picky too about people.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• When I was a baby I loved men and hated most women. I would go to a strange man off the street but if it was a woman I would cry. I liked my grandmas and my mom but I hated my aunts. Some babies are just picky for no apparent reason.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 11:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Do you just bring her there for them to babysit or are you spending time there with her? If she only goes there to be babysat, she may just associate being there with you leaving. Lots of kids start experiencing separation anxiety at that age.
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 4:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ahahaa Im sorry to laugh but I think I had asked the same exact question when my daughter had that same problem! Ok let me tell you what happened to us! I think My baby girl "felt" that she wasnt comfortable over there for a couple of reasons, 1 they never came to see her at OUR house and 2 they smoked! Soo we all would go visit them together as a family and then THEY actually came to visit us! She is now 10 months old and is so diff. with them now, she doesnt cry or whine one bit and now they babysit again! Just give your baby some time, It will surly pass from experience I know!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 12:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2009