8 pound baby

My OB told me that when I give birth to my daughter in 5 and a half weeks she could possibly be 8 pounds. In any ones opinion is that a "big baby"? And if anyone else has had an 8 pound baby was labor hard for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My First DD was 8 lbs and labor wasn't bad at all. I was in active labor for 4 hrs and pushed for 20 mins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Labor is going to be hard whether you have a 5lb baby or a 10lb baby, lol.

8lbs is a pretty normal birth weight.

My DD was 8lbs and 2.5oz - and I only had to have 2 stiches afterwards (natural birth, no drugs, no induction, no cutting) - and yeah, labor was freaking hard and painful, but that's labor for you. lol

BTW, 2 days before I gave birth my doctor estimated that my baby would be 7lbs - so, there you go. They really don't know.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 10:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My daughter was 6 pounds but she was a little early but i think 8 pounds is a pretty avarage size for a full term baby !!
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 8 pounds is not a big baby. Mine was 10, she was a big baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My first baby was 8lb 8oz.. I thought she was a big baby, then my mom told me that my bro was 10lbs born. 8lbs is very average.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yea well my doctor told me he honestly thought my baby would be close to 10lbs... she was 7lbs 3.7oz when she was born.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• With my first son he was 7lbs 11oz and had him on his due date. I am small built to. Day I went into labor I was 145lbs and gained a total of 50lbs. But any woo. I tore in 4 different spots and tore all the way upwards to. I couldnt sit down for a little over 3 wks. Sry for scaring you if I did. It hurt like hell and wasn't even thinking about the pain, I was having a hard time breathing. And I am a baby when it comes to pain. In the end it is all worth it.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My first HE was 8lbs 3oz, and they cut me so I wouldn't rip. My second was 8lbs 7oz and I ripped 4 places with HER and they had to stich me alot, and I just had my third (c-section this time) and HE was 8lbs 12oz and it was painful afterwards and I'm just now ok after having him at the beginning of July. having three over 8lbs was ok but my second felf really really heavy, like heavier than my third, lol. My third didn't feel like 8lbs 12oz when holding him, and I can't tell u labor was har for him ,cause of c-section and my other two the labor was easy for the first with three pushes and he was out and second was easy too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009