Has anyone here had a Tummy Tuck or abdominal Liposuction?

I am just wondering. I had 3 kids and my tummy still sticks out a bit, and I am in pretty good shape, except for my middle.
Anyone here have any of that, and if so, is it worth it?

Lovey1234

Asked by Lovey1234 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i had lipo on my stomache..then i got pregnant.....didnt gain an ounce of fat where i had lipo...so it def.is an awesome procedure if you are not overweight but just have a problem area....but if you have extra skin thats a different story. you will need a tummy tuck if you have skin that was streteched...it was the worst pain after...way worst of a recover than having my son...that was a breeze after lipo. all i had was some bleeding out my crotch and with the lipo i was moaning in agony for 3 days lol. but id do both again in a heartbeat! :)
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I have asked the same thing here and never go a response...lol

My aunt had it done and she looks great....it took her several weeks to get back up and about....so I am worried who takes care of my kiddos for a least a week or two?

It cost her around 3500$....and she had a boob lift too.....

I have lost a good bit of weight lately and my jiggly tummy will NEVER go away, no matter what I loose or how many crunches I do....its there....so I have considered this....but I may wait a year or two until my kids are easier to take care of and do not require me to pick them up as much....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I've had lipo on my thighs...I know, not exactly what you're asking but close enough to maybe be some help...and I am beyond thrilled with my results. It's been almost three months since I had it done and I still do the happy dance when I look in the mirror.

Recovery sucks...big time. It hurt like crazy for about two weeks. But it was worth every minute and every penny. Even knowing how bad it is, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Don't do it! My mom did it and got in worse shape and gained weight after! she wishes she never did it! also she had lipo on her arms and it didn't work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't do it .My cousin had it done and she ended up with a staph infection and was sick for a longtime. Now that she is pregnant with her 3rd child, she will have to have it redone aftet the baby is born.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I haven't tried any of that --- yet, anyway
    Mariaej24

Answer by Mariaej24 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• meant to say WORSE...lol i sound real uneducated in that post lmao .
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Well, I had lipo, and I am so HAPPY! Wearing cute little jeans, no muffin tops.
    Really hurt, esp the first day, and I was wearing sweatpants for a few weeks.
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009