My Food Stamp deposit is $1020 instead of $102. What am I supposed to do?

I can't call my caseworker because it's Saturday. This has to be a mistake of some kind but I was wondering can I go grocery shopping today and at least spend the $102 I usually get? We need food in the house badly but O don't want to get in trouble.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Don't spend more than the $102!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i would say do your usual then on monday call but you probably dont want to spend the extra just in case.
    luckyhart

Answer by luckyhart at 10:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would just spend the normal amount then call your caseworker on Monday.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Spend ONLY what you get for now. If you spend all of it, you would have to pay it back
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would think spending only the $102 you get should be okay!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i'ld say let them know. and if they blow it off.. take it as an advantage.. it only comes once in a great while lol that's what my parents do. I drink too much milk. my WIC provides 5 and a half gallon of milk. and we go through 7 gallons. and I tend to eat alot of snacks cause i keep starving after an hour [yea pregnancy]
    and as for my parents. they love it cause it means more food to stock up. we only have one paycheck coming in and that barely pays all the bills. yea my father's still looking for a job. it's been 2 years and he has more than 3,000 applications out there.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with the others. Go shopping and get food for your family but only spend the $102 you are SUPPOSED to have. Let them know on Monday that there must have been some mistake and that the extra money is still in your account. Who knows...maybe you'll get lucky and they won't make a big deal out of it and just leave it in there! That stuff happens sometimes. But I definitely wouldn't spend over your usual amount. If they DO decide to take the extra money back and it's not all there, you're going to have to pay it back.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• They will catch up to you so only spend your normal amount. You don't want to lose future benefits.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009