33 weeks pregnant!!

i was just diagnose with a yeast infection and its bothering me alot!! my doctor told me alot of pregnant people get it!! i never had it before!! i would like to know what causes it during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A yeast infection is caused by an imbalance of PH "down there" that allows bacteria that normally would not grow, to flourish. During pregnancy, your body is changing so much that it is easy to have the normal PH balance to be thrown off. Hope this helps and good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:05 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• All I know is I never get yeast infections.. except when I'm pregnant! And when I am pregnant I get them almost constantly.. this time around I've probably had like 5-6.. they just keep coming back! LoL thankfully after this baby, we won't be having another for at least 5 years.. (then again I said that the first time, and got PG on birth control.. lol)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had one very early in my pregnancy, it was SO GROSS because I gave it to my SO and we both had a yeast infection 4 a while. It was BAD. AHH UGH EWWWW!!!!! I'm sorry!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009