I had my tubes tied... but could I be pregnant?

I had my tubes tied almost 9 months ago during my c-section for my 3rd child. I have had one period since then (over 6 weeks ago). I took a pregnancy test, it was the generic for First response (you know, the test 5 days sooner brand) and I had a very faint line on both of the tests in the box. The next day I took another one... a different generic brand (a test on the first day of your missed period one) and it was definately negative.
It's been 5 days or so since I tested. Still no period... but I have been having random cramping and nausea. I didn't have nausea with my other pregnancies, so I am thinking maybe it's just from a medication I've been on (though it didn't make me nauseous before) or because I have a bit of a cold.
I have an appt with my Ob/gyn on Monday.... but, really... what are the chances?

Kerfuffle

Asked by Kerfuffle at 11:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• very slim chance. if u had them burnt then ur not pregnant. but u can still get pregnant if you didnt have them burnt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have read that even if they were burnt it can still happen. I had a pomeroy procedure...
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 11:16 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If you had a positive on a test, sounds like you could be.. could just be the other one needs more of the hormones in your system to detect it. Its good that you have an appt! Either way I hope it ends in how ever you want it to :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm wondering if the first test was defective. The lines were very faint.... but I know I wasn't imagining anything because you could see it without twisting and turning it... and my hubby saw it to.
    I don't know if I should waste my money on another test.
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 11:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Did you read the test within the time period it says to read it? a faint line appearing after the reaction time of the test may be an "evaporation line". I doubt you are pregnant. Especially since you had to twist and turn the test.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ack, forgot to leave the link I meant to leave. Read about evaporation lines. I think that is what you are seeing

Click here

SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 2:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had the pomeroy procedure as well, and conceived a few months ago. I had a very early miscarriage.

I would take another test, as your risk of ectopic is much higher (I'm sure you know this). Take care of yourself!
    Cymbeline

Answer by Cymbeline at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No.. it came up up 30 seconds after peeing on it. I said I DID NOT have to twist and turn the test,.
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 5:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I didn't even look at the test again after the 5 min mark since I tossed it in the trash.
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 5:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well, what I think is that you are showing symptoms of something else, and that you are not pregnant. I also think that since you have an appt with your OB/GYN the day after tomorrow, you should not spend the money on the test. The dr's office can test you for the same amount of money a drug store test would cost, and more accurately. But you know this. Now get some rest and eat a turkey sandwich.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 6:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009