Would you be mad??

My idiot boyfriend can't remember to write the rent cheque, ever.
The past 3 months he forgets to write it then goes off to work.
I don't have any cheques so I can't do it. The landlord has my cell number so he calls every month and I have to explain to him (he is Russian and it's hard to talk to him) why he has to wait for the cheque AGAIN.
He just called and fucking lost it on me. Alot of landlords would charge late fees and shit so we're lucky that all he does is yell at me.
But still I'm sick of dealing with him every time.

No matter how many times I tell him to do it he is just like 'ya one minute..i'll do it before i go' and just doesn't do it.

I'm going to have to tell him to write a years worth so I don't have to worry about it. Gahh the landlord must think we're morons!
Sorry this kind of turned into a vent lol..would you be mad?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 11:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• also, today is my birthday, so there is no reason for him to forget that it's the first of the month lmao
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Happy Birthday!

Yes I'd be hopping mad. Perhaps you can get him to write several months worth anyway. Or use an answering machine and not answer your landlord's call?

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would give the landlord his cell number
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Happy Birthday there is any easy solution to your problem i had to deal with this with my first husband i simply sat him down and told him i was tired of being yelled at for your mistake of forgetting to pay the rent so keep a calander on the wall and you watch it and the day b4 your rent is due tell your husband that its due that day so like if it is due the 1st of each month tell your husband its due today which would be the 30 or 31 and have him write the check then you wont get yelled at and if he says its not due yet remind him how forgetfull his and Just do it now!!!! It workded for me my ex didnt what day of the week it was ever haha good luck
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Happy Bithday!!!! I would have your husband sign a few checks and write them out myself to pay the rent. I would also give the landlord hubby's phone number so he gets yelled at. You are lucky you haven't been evicted.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Just write the checks yourself..If you want something done right, YOU have to do it, but as pp's have said, let ur B/f do it one more time and give the landlord HIS number, maybe he'll get the hint.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh hey happy birthday!!! You're the fourth person I met who has a bday today!!! :)

I'd take his checkbook and write the check out, do this around the last week before rent is due...then when he says "i'll get it in a few minutes" say to him "all you have to do is sign here"...and hand him a pen to sign his name on the check. Maybe after a couple of months of doing that he'll do it himself.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009