afterbirth bleeding/discharge should i be concerned

sorry if tmi but i just want to make sure i shouldnt be concerned about anything so ive stopped bleeding but im still have discharge its a yellowish greenish and sometimes it has a little blood in it. it smells a little but not really anything i can describe just kinda like discharge if that makes sense i have no burning itching and it doesnt smell awful or rotten or anything is this normal or should i be concerned and ask the doctor

katieBennett

Asked by katieBennett at 11:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whenever in doubt call your doctor.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• im not so much worried as i am wondering if other people had this
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 11:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I dunno, sounds like a yeast infection to me? I only ever get them when I am pregnant and I only ever notice them when I get a heavy discharge like you described.. never smells and I never get itchy from it. But like pp said, if you are really wondering and no one seems to have an answer, just call your doc and ask the nurse :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The yellowish greenish color is probably a sign of something minor that your doc can prescribe a cream for by phone. Don't really know what it might be but I'm sure something simple that a nurse by phone could even answer and should be able to get your doc to take care of by phone, unless the doc wants to take a look at your healing process. You might start doing the sidz bath soak at least once a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 1, 2009