Why do people debate calling CPS on parents who really should get them called and call them on people who are doing the best they can?

I am so tired of seeing the " Should I call CPS on these parents that let their kids run around naked in the winter with guns strapped to their sagging diapers barefoot in a drughouse?" While someone like me who lives for her kids gets them called because her twin sons fight and beat each other up!

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• CPS should ALWAYS be the last resort. Think about it, if you spank (not abuse there is a difference) your child, would u want someone to call CPS on u? You dont know, maybe the mother never spanks, but her kid was really beyond time outs and warnings that day. As far as kids walking around naked, kids take their clothes off all the time (i know u were being facetious about that, but so am I). One time my son decided to put all his toys (soft and hard ones) in the middle of the room and jumped on them repeatedly. I thought nothing of it, until I took him to the doc the next day for shots and noticed a big bruise on his chest. The doctor got all worried and left the room. When he came back in the room with another doctor, Ethan was jumping on the table and acting crazy, so they went and got a woman Doc, and she told them that he's a boy and there's nothing wrong. People are so quick to call, before they think how hurt they'd be.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL. I get ya. I don't understand it myself. It just comes down to common sense.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Especially since the calls are kept anonymous.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think CPS should only be called when a child is being physically, emotionally or sexually abused, as well as any cases of verbal abuse. Anything else I would talk to the parents about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL I love you description. I do see those things posted, and they bother me. I'm sorry, but it sounds like you have nothing to hide, so don't feel bad.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I've asked CPS questions before because even I wanted to make sure that it just wasn't different from my parenting style but completely wrong. I'm AP with my daughter so when I see someone doing something different I have to ask is it mainstream or is abuse? Should her children be taken away or should she have some parenting classes? I would never want to make a false accusation, I want to be sure, because sometimes those kids are in a bad situation but removed and put in an even worse foster home.  I think one person is a very likable person and would try and help a friend but she has no parenting skills whatsoever. 

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It can destroy the parents lives if a child is removed when it's not needed but even more importantly it could destroy the child's life. My co-worker was trying to raise her little brother when she was 16 and he was a baby but they took him away and placed him foster care. Now he has seizures stemming from the abuse he got while in "protective services". Just something to think about.
    MoonLover06

• I am dealing with CPS at the moment. They did not take my children away but I am very overstressed so they told me i have to take parenting classes and go to therapy and counseling...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have gotten CPS called on me because I didn't respond to a " Either do this or CPS is getting called" the school where my kids go are so quick to label my kids ( behaviorial challenged, austisic etc) I didn't think sending my twins to a behaviorial clinic was necessary. Well CPS was at my door. When did parenting my own kids leave my control?
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2009