Do You have any plans for Lammas/Lughnasadh(Pagan moms)?

Anyone going to do anything to honor the first of the harvest festivals this weekend? I'm going to do a small ritual later this evening. I've started cleaning my house too. Need to do a thorough cleansing here in preparation for fall. I love fall, it's my favorite time of Year with Samhain being my favorite of all the holidays! :) Just wish the weather wasn't so hot out, I love the cool, crisp autumn breezes.

Blessed Lammas Everyone!

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 11:25 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm going to try to bake some pumpkin pie bread later. Then, I'll probably cleanse and consecrate my besom to hang over the inside of our door. Then we're probably going to the park where I'm hoping to take some fall veggies and/or fruits and some of my bread, make a corn doll (maybe) and do a small, inconspicuous ritual in the park. But I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm celebrating from sundown tonight til sundown tomorrow night, so some of it might be done tomorrow. I'm going to try to get started on that bread in a couple of hours, so fingers crossed I don't burn our house down lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm thinking of serving some type of buffet style dinner for the family, then I'll have a private gratitude ritual later. It's a beautiful day here today so I want to spend as much time outside today as I can. I'm wishing all a very blessed Lughnasadh!
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Fall is my fav. time of year too. I have a feast planned for my family featuring various grains, but nothing more formal than that. For me harvest time really starts with the local sweet-corn festival at the end of Aug. so that is when my spiritual life really turns to a harvest theme.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Tomorrow is actually my family reunion, so it kinda works with my celebration... Really I'm just doing a small ritual and then tomorrow we'll go out and do the family thing. This year has just been so busy, I am very under prepaired for anything!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Having a Lammas Brunch with Friends
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009