Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you report someone to CPS can you do it anonymously and do you need the person's home address so that they know where to go?

A friend of my husbands brother recently became a stay at home dad. He leaves his daughter (about 8 or 9 months) in a play pen all day. When by husbands brother went over there last week he said the girl was starved for attention, her diaper had been poopy all day, the father was not even looking at her, had his computer glued to his face with an R rated very violent movie on TV, and he had been drinking beer all day. When it was brought to his attention that the girl had a poopy diaper he said "You're supposed to save these for mommy, you know I don't like doing this" but I think he was pretending he didn't know it was dirty and just waiting until she got home from work to let her do it. Then at the end of the visit when my husband's brother was leaving the father got into his car with another guy and drove off to the liquor store to buy more beer with his baby in the back seat! Keep in mind he'd been drinking all day.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (46)
  • I think your bil (or whoever 'witnessed' this) should talk to the baby's mother FIRST. She needs to be clued in on what is going on when she is at work. That way she can talk to her hubs and tell him to shape up, or possibly find someone else to look after the child when she is working.

    IF she is informed about her hubs lack of parenting and does nothing about it THEN bil should call cps. I think cps would take a real witness statement a bit more seriously than they would 3rd hand heresay information.

    If bil knows the guy's family (parents, sibling) then maybe talk to them too about how this child seemed to be ignored and no effort was made to change the dirty diaper.... Maybe they can step in and help with child care or talk to him.

    Answer by MizLee at 5:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Would you have CPS check this out and how do you go about doing it? I really worry about this baby.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Call CPS and say that you want to make an anonymous complaint. You need to provide an address.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Im pretty sure you can be anon when reporting. Im not sure if you need an address or not but I would definitely call

    Answer by firethearson at 11:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • You know that is just hear say? GAH

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • What is "GAH"?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • It won't hurt to have them check it out, even if it's nothing it'll probably be a wake up call to him that he should pay more attention to her and take his responsibility more seriously.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • who was driving? the liquor stores don't sell beer in my state

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Seriously? You haven't witnessed a damn thing. You are going by what someone else is telling you. Crazy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • He was driving after already drinking beer all day - and the liquor stores do sell it here. Are you in PA? They have to buy beer from the bars for some reason...

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2009