Those cute open mouth baby kisses

When did your baby start giving those open mouth, full of drool, baby kisses?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 11:41 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My girls just started doing that at 9 months. My husband kinda taught them about kisses and now they shower me (literally) with them all the time. They know what "kisses" are and will give them out to anyone around!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Hah-my daughter's almost 5 months, and though I know she doesn't know what she's doing, I'll put her up to me to give me a "kiss" and get drooled on lol. She just thinks it's funny. It's so cute though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My DS never really did. He'd do the want to suck on your face thing when he was really little, but about the time I saw other kids trying to actually give a kiss he didn't. I wasn't worried about it for any reason, but this mommy wanted some kisses! LOL! We were in the store one day and for some reason I was telling my husband that my best friends little guy was giving her baby kisses and I wanted some! I leaned down to the shopping cart and told my DS to give mommy a kiss already. Instead of doing the open mouth thing he puckered up and gave me one! It was the funniest thing! So he totally skipped the open mouth stage and went straight to puckering up! He's such a kissy boy now too. ( almost 2 yrs old). He loves giving kisses!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My son is 8.5 months and I got my first open mouth, full of drool, kiss on my face yesterday morning when my husband brought him in to me to bf him in the morning.

Answer by missanc at 12:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• maybe when he was about 12 months or so..I cant really remember. he's 15 m/o now and when I ask for a kiss he opens his mouth...it's so cute!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Right after she turned a year, DD would suck on a person's cheek if giving a kiss. My brother used to love getting those kisses from her lol Shortly after that she started puckering up and giving real kisses. I have to say I love the real kisses so much more. When I kiss DD goodbye, I have to get 10 kisses from her because one just isn't enough :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My daughter just turned 5 months on the 25th and just this weeks I say give me kisses and she turns her head, mouth open, drooling down her face and plants one right on my lips. I LOVE IT!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my ds was about 7 months. dd was about 9 months

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009