How do you get rid of cradlecap?

mrstina32

Asked by mrstina32 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never dealt with it myself, but I know my friend used a little bit of baby oil everyday, and it seemed to clear it up quickly.
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Scrub it with a baby wash cloth... and baby shampoo... gently of course then while head is still damp generously lather on Aquaphor baby lotion... it's made by Eucerin.... when baby is all dray and warm in her/his jammies or whatever, use a fine tooth comb and comb that stuff outta there.... this worked for me whe I noticed my daughter was getting a lil cradle CRAP ( i call it that haha) and now I do the same thing every time I bathe her and it hasn't come back... don't be afraid if the lotion seems greasy... by morning it's usually absorbed...... also, if you don't have the funds for this stuff (it's like $17 per 14oz) I heard olive oil works, but I never actually tried it.... Go for it... can't hurt!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2009