Pinapple?

Can you feed a baby pinapple through a fresh food feeder? She is 4 months old and has been eating baby food for a couple months.

Would it be okay to give that to her?

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 12:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have the adult form of GERD--reflux, and nothing makes it fire up like pineapple!! I would suggest something with a lot less acid, maybe banana? good luck!

kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Babies shouldn't eat any food not even baby cereal until 6 months old. the AAP website says it's better to ward off allergies and better for their immunity system and prevents obesity amoung other reasons...... Strictly breast milk until 6 months old is best.... I suggest you do some research...... here is a good article.... please read it... it is important to your baby's health...

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/index.html

My daughter, Sophia also, is 4 and a half months and I do not inteed to inroduce any food to her until she is at least 6 months old.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 1:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• She has GERD. she has to have baby ceral and she showed interest in food so we tried baby food with her. She is doing fine. No reactions so far. The doctor said its fine.

I just wanna know if i can give her pinapple and bananas and stuff in a fresh food feeder.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 1:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What is wrong with you? I'm sure your baby's doctor would say wait until at least 4 onths old before introducing any food whatsoever other than breast milk or formula! Even then their little bellies don't have the proper digestion function to tolerate much.... the American Academy of Pediatrics says to even wait until 6 months or longer! You should really do your research before you start messing up your kid's health!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm not sure what a fresh food feeder is, unless it's one of those netted bags - I don't know anything about them, i'm sorry. I only used a food processor. I gave my son stage 2 gerber pineapple and he loved it.

Answer by missanc at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Breast milk or infant formula supplies all of your baby's nutritional needs for at least the first 4 to 6 months of life, so don't be in a rush to start solid baby foods. Starting solids too early can cause your baby to develop food allergies. Your baby's intestinal tract is not as fully developed during the first few months and introducing solids at this time can be too much to handle
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/infant/startingsolids.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• She is already on solids thats not what shes asking. Sopheeahsmommy is asking if is okay to put food in a fresh food feeder and give it to her.

I think its fine. Pinapples are a little sour for some people id go with bananas or something first.

Good luck with the food and the GERD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had horrible acid reflux when I was pregnant and pineapple aggitated me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The first post was right.... it's best to wait until baby is at least 6 months old.... so is the post that asked what's wrong with you... only she didn't have to be so rude
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009