Help! During my 2 weeks pragnancy which I wasn't aware of, I was sick with cold & flue. I took four different types of medication (non prescription) including antibiatic for two weeks. I did some blood test & the results came out to be normal. I'm not sure if the baby is healthy or not. Does any one had the same or similar situation? If so, please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If there is somethig wrong with the baby your body will miscarry. My first pregnancy I got my wisdom teeth pulled, got put to sleep for the surgery and took vicodin for about 3 days. I miscarried the triplets. After that, I got pregnant again and didn't take any medication when I was trying to get pregnant. I of course didn't know I was pregnant the first time or I wouldn't hve gotten the procedure done. But everything happens for a reason. Your baby will be fine if u don't miscarry ok ;). I miscarried at around 6-8 weeks. Let me know how it goes ok. Best of luck to you ;)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• At two weeks your baby should be fine. They say women drink at that early stage when they don't know they're pregnant and they say it's perfectly fine. The baby won't be affected by the alcohol. So I'm sure it's the same for anti-biotics, etc.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• just relax.. whats done is done just be haalthy
    NOW!!! i didnt know i was pregnant until i was 16 weeks with my 2nd.. i drank a few times, took diet pills, did a weight loss body wrap, and took OTC cold meds for a whole month ebcuase i couldnt shake my cold... i now have a perfeectly ahppy healthy 1 year old... your body is designed to protect the baby.. congrats ! and jsut relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my first baby. I didn't know I was pregnant yet and assumed I had a cold. I took so much sudafed it was ridiculous, then I found out I was pregnant.

I freaked out just like you're doing now. My tests came back normal as well and nine months later I had a perfect, healthy baby boy who is now a VERY active 2.5 year old.

Try not to stress out too much about it. Your tests would have shown something if something was wrong or your body would have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Dont freak out I had a tooth pulled out & I was taking antibiatics & pain meds I didnt know,but the baby is ok . As long as u know now dont take any more
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2009