When do you get to the point where you say..."It's over."?

What makes it over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I knew it was over when I realized that I had become a completely different person. I was no longer myself, the person who've I've grown to be....a talented, confident, strong willed person....I simply ceased being myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I knew it was over when I wasn't myself, when I became interested in things outside of home more, when I quit getting respect from him and the number 1 thing that made me know it was over is I lost all the love for him when someone else got pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's how I feel sometimes. I feel like my real self is disappearing. I'm becoming what he wants me to be. What HE is comfortable with. He wants us to settle in a really small town and I am not a small town girl. I'm a city girl! I need excitement, culture, people! He doesn't want any of that! How am I going to survive? He'll be happy but I won't! How is that supposed to work in a marriage?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's NOT supposed to work like that in a marriage. Yes, in a marriage you have to compromise....but compromise doesn't mean that you sacrifice yourself and who you are so your significant other gets what they want all the time. I completely and entirely lost my sense of self, and when I realized that, I knew there was something wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• when the bad outweighs the good, it's time to go

Answer by admckenzie at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I knew it was over when I stopped making him dinner without even realizing it! lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• When you feel like you could walk out the door, and feel better. When you feel like you are already mentally out of the relationship.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009