what would you do if u were arguing and ur husband slapped you? or ur SO either way

not happened to me so I dont need advice, but another question sparked some curiostity

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I would be utterly mortified.
    My dh has never laid a hand on me. I guess if he did it once,I would be afraid that he would do something worse next time. I think it might be a deal breaker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I know that I would leave. There was a time that I allowed a man to smack me and it got worse. Since I left him no man dare hit me and if you even threatened I would walk away. Unless this person was hitting first I believe if a women hits a man she deserves to be hit back, but then again you both don't belong with one another.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My dh wouldn't lay his hands on me, ever. If I had any thought he might I wouldn't be married to him. But, if he did - I'd be out of there and run as far and fast as I could. If he can't find a better way of expressing his anger than getting physical I'd be afraid to let him have access to our child.

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I've been in abusive relationships before and know that if it ever starts, it will escalate so I'd leave.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'd probably have a natural instinct to just punch him in his face
    after that I would call the police and I'd pack his stuff and drop it off at the jail, sign a restraining order, and would not be with him and he can find his own place to live, or car, etc. I would not care about him any longer....at least I hope so
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I hit him back... I've been with more than one that thought slappin' me around would scare me... All I can say is if they can give it they better be able to take it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mine would never hit me. If he did, I'd go crazy on him lol.
    I've been tempted to slap him across the face before during a few heated arguments. Never did though. I grew up watching my parents both be physically and verbally abusive to eachother and I never want my daughter to see that.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The relationship would be over.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would take our kids and leave. Most likely go to his parents house until I figured out what to do next.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• "I'd probably have a natural instinct to just punch him in his face
    after that I would call the police and I'd pack his stuff and drop it off at the jail, sign a restraining order, and would not be with him and he can find his own place to live, or car, etc. I would not care about him any longer"

Me too!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009