What to do with my SO's mother..

We've been staying at her house the past few months to save some money before the baby comes. Her & I get along great most of the time, but I have this problem with her: she keeps using my razor & I know she is, 'cause there are dark hairs left in it & I am very blonde. And not to be gross, but these hairs are totally pubes...what the hell do I say to her without being confrontational & embarassing her? She has her own razor, it's in the cabinet directly next to the shower, but for some reason continues to use mine...

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 1:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• dont confront her, it probably would embarass her. i would just take it in and out of the shower with me..
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You don't have to be rude, just change the place you keep your razors. Avoid the confrontation! I do anything to avoid arguments with my husbands mom.
    sarabethdo

Answer by sarabethdo at 1:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's disgusting! Don't leave your razor in the shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i'd take my razor with me out of the shower...LOL and hide it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree, don't say anything. Just leave that razor where it is & quietly start using a new one that you carry with you in & out of the shower. It is very rude of your MIL but isn't worth the hassle & embarrassment to confront her on it.

Personally, I would be thankful that she left "evidence" for you to find. Think how much worse it would be if you didn't find out until later!!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's what I'm doing, I just feel like I want to say something to her, 'cause it is REALLY gross & I don't think it's fair that I should have to place my things in a different area, just because she likes to act like a 6 year old & touch things that aren't hers.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• put it in a plastic bag and keep it in your room (like living in a dorm).

Answer by admckenzie at 1:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with everyone else. Just put it in a different place. I hate it when my SO uses my razor, so I don't leave it in the shower anymore.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009