Bloody show?

I know this may be a bit tmi, but I was wondering what a bloody show looks like. Yesterday in the shower I noticed small streaks of blood in my discharge. It wasn't tinted pink, but just streaked with blood. Is that what this is? I had it on and off all day yesterday. So far nothing today, but I do feel a lot of pressure when I walk now. I don't have another Dr. visit until the 6th, but I am dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced. I'm also 37w 4d a long. Also, how long after the bloody show do you go into labor?

Samie8183

Asked by Samie8183 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i believe bloody show is after labor...when the placenta is delivered...ugh
    sorry just got a bad visual

I dont know if bleeding like that is normal I'd call my doc to make sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• When I was in labor with my babies the nurses always would say "oh there lots of boody show!" and it was a lot of blood and I didnt get that until I was in actual labor. It was really bloody mucus. BUT the mucus plug is like a really thick snot like and THAT can have streaks of blood in it. You can regenerate the mucus plug but I think it is a sighn that things are going in the right direction. It can be anywhere from tomorrow to a couple weeks from now. HTH
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Bloody show is NOT after labor, it's before and it sounds like that's what you've got going on.

Unfortunately losing your mucus plug or having bloody show doesn't give a time frame for when labor will begin. Some women lose their mucus plug earlier on and some don't lose it until their already in labor.
    Also some lose their plug in one big lump and others lose it gradually like you seem to be doing.

I didn't lose mine in my first pregnancy but in this one I just lost it over the course of this week(week38 for me).

It is a good sign that your body is getting ready though! Hopefully it's sooner rather than later! :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I had bloody show 2 weeks ago. I was 4 cm and 60% effaced. Went to the dr today I am now 6 cm and 80% so it is more of a sign your body is getting ready then you will go into labor soon. But my friend went into labor 2 days after her bloody show :) GL
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Read on some baby websites like babycenter.com. The bloody show happened for me about 20min after my water broke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009