What happens to those who use the Lord's name in hate?

Psalms 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
Psalms 25:12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know what you mean by your question. Do you mean "What about people who represent the Lord's Name, but they are hateful (not meek)?"

Meekness is defined as strength under control. Jesus was meek. He was the strongest guy ever. He could have called down fire from heaven on people who made Him mad. John was one of the "sons of thunder" and he even asked Jesus once if He wanted to do that, LOL.

I think some Christians are like the "Sons of Thunder" they want to call down fire from heaven on people that make them mad. I think that Jesus teaches us to be different. John went from being angry to writing the book of 1 John -- the highest standard of love in the Bible!!! "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:8

He doesn't compromise the truth of sin and grace, but he puts love in the forefront. He is not weak he is meek.

Is that what you are talking about?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's a sin so you better do pennance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Can you define "uses the Lord's name in hate"? Like saying "Jesus f***ing Christ" when they are mad? Or like "God hates f**s"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Or like "God hates f**s"

Or all the homosexuals and pagans need to be shipped away. Or calling anyone who doesn't agree that this is war bad Christians who are doing it wrong. Or blaming everyone of other religions for something done by hateful extremists who have a lot more in common with them than they realize.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I think cinn, said it best.

I think there are some individuals that mistake the strength in Jesus, and use it as a bullying muscle to make people follow them. Thus becoming "weak to sin" by issuing insults, and spewing hatred.. rather than demonstrating love, like the man they are suppose to worship.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs." I Corinthians 13:1-6

"And the second [greatest commandment] is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:39

"If you love me you will obey what I command." John 14:15

I think Christians should take love (coupled with meekness like Cin said) very seriously. If they don't, they bear Christ's name upon themselves in vain because they are not bearing his fruit. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

I know the wonderful Anon that pops up every now and again is going to claim I'm taking verses out of context saying "none of you truly understand Jesus!" and call me names, per ususal, which BTW, I wish they'd just post under their screen name because we ALL know who you are (just because you hit the Anon button doesn't mean your personality and the WAY you type and your wordings change, duh lol)....and will prove my point even more. So I'll end with:

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake." Matthew 5:10-11
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree Cinnamon said it best ... well done Sister!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Well-said, Cinnamon!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That was very nicely said Cinnamon.

It seems that people often mistakenly equate the word meekness with weakness or a loss of integrity. Insults and cruelty can be the easy way out when emotions run high. But taking the high road and responding from a place of compassion can take a great amount of strength.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2009