What do you think is an OK age to switch fomr childrens tooth paste to adult tooth paste?

KallysMommy

Asked by KallysMommy at 1:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Probably when you're sure they won't be swallowing the toothpaste.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We tried for our three (5, 3 and 2 years) but they don't like the taste...so we stick with the kids flouride toothpaste for them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I just bought my son some toothpaste w/flouride in it, so he has to spit it out. I think if you kid is at an age where they can spit the toothpaste out and remember not to swallow it, then it would be ok. I always brush teeth with my son, so I can remind him not to swallow it.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 3:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i think both of mine were 4 or 5 when they started using ours.
    WesAndNicksMom

Answer by WesAndNicksMom at 5:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• when they can rinse and spit with out swallowing it. also when they can handle the taste.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:50 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• They didn't have childrens toothpaste when I was a kid, so I would say, you can use the adult kind whenever you want. Just make sure they don't swallow it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2009