Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food stamps and WIC

how do i apply for food stamps and or wic?

i have a 4 mo DS and my DH and I are both unemployed at the moment, now that DH's employer went out of business and made no severance deal.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • you can call your local health unit to find out or even city hall...

    Answer by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • department of social services

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • food stamps at department of social services. and the health department for wic... if u dont have medicaid get that at DSS too..

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • Have you both filed for unemployment compensation?

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • if neither of you are working, go to the employment office, and then apply for tanf too, that little bit extra a month will keep you floating atleast for your baby. in my state a two person family gets like 245 a month. thats aside from wic and foodstamps...but its def. TEMP. assistance and you have to do stuff to make up for the money job hunting, volunteering, school...SOMETHING!....

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.