Other foster moms feel way sad when you have to say goodbye to your baby kittens

We have had two kittens since they were about 4 weeks old. They were in a batch of 17 saved from the local pound that were going to be euthanized. It was thought they were from the same litter but it has become obvious that they are not as we see kittens other fosters have from the lot of 17.

I haven't kept track because we have had a lot of stuff going on while we have had them. I think they are about 12 weeks old. They have had their surgeries. We tried to pick plain ones but they are cute. We have a golden retriever and 3 adult cats. The kittens love it here and have found their own spots in the animal pack. The smallest thinks the dog is her mother.

When they have gone to Petsmart on weekends they have not been ideal kittens. The small one goes to sleep in the corner, the other tries to break out and meows.
They have to tie the cage shut. We are moving and I am taking them to Petsmart for the last time today:(

GailllAZ

Asked by GailllAZ at 2:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Awww.. I've been through that. My mother used to work as a manager for an animal shelter. She brought home a kitten that was really sick. She loved this kitten so much and tried all she could to nurse it back to health, sadly all the efforts didnt work and the kitten passed away. But I have gone to petsmart with her a few times for the pet adoptions, sad thing is, the kittens get used to being in a home, they get comfortable and they tend to get nervous or depressed when put back into a cage. Its sad but hopefully there is someone out there to love them
    d3vilbunny

Answer by d3vilbunny at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I've taken them and dropped them off. When I came home with the empty carrier my dog sniffed all around it and it was all I could do to not cry.

I was married to a professional photographer and I learned a lot from him. I have great photos of them. I must have taken 100 today. I think it will help having lots of photos. Once we get settled in our new house I want to volunteer to take pictures for rescue organizations.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009