who has a baby shower comming up?

are you excited?
how well are the plans going?
are u stressing at all?

did you do a baby registry, any fears?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't have a baby shower per say but I plan on having a bunch of my girlfriends over after the baby is born for a "Welcome to the world" tea party.

I don't know if people usually get/give showers for the second baby or just for the first.(this will be my 2nd) So I figured I would get my DH to take our son to the wildlife park for a few hours so that the girls and I can have a nice little "girls only" afternoon.

It seems unfair that the first baby would get a big fuss made over their birth but not the second one, or third etc...

I didn't register anywhere because I don't really care if anyone brings gifts or not, I'm just excited to have the girls over!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• YUP!!! I have mine on the 15 of this month!!!
    The plans, are, going lol
    I am SUPER STRESSED! (and my dog just gave birth to 4 puppies like an hour ago lol)
    yeah I did a registry at Target Walmart and Babies R' Us! Im scared nobody will use it!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mine is on the 30th
    My mom already has all the freaking decorations and everything planned, that bothers me because I know my mom, when she plans this early she usually goes over the top.
    I am not stressed but worried of the turn out, i think of it a lot, but I still have a month to go so I have plenty of time to woorry so i put it in the back of my head

did my registry at walmart.com and viacord.com...some stuff has already been bought and im happy about that but I still am anxious to see what else the baby will get, I really just hoper it all goes well :)
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• YESS
    IN A COUPLE WEEKS
    YESS I AM STRESSING

NO REGISTRY, SO IM WORRIED OF DUPLICATE GIFTS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Mine is on August 15th, i am not stressed all my friends and family are easy going and they are helping me, each family member is doing something different, one in charge of favors, one is doing the cake etc etc,

I did my registry on Wishpot.com that way i did not have to go to all the stores and could put things from multiple stores and let them choose which store they want to go to and what they can afford to go to
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• YES!!! I'm a little stressed. My sister was supposed to throw it for me but she was too busy and it was supposed to be in June but now its going to be at the end of the month. I'm due Sept. 17th and the shower will be on the 29th of this month. I'm nervous about finding a location and affording everything. I have pretty much everything I need (the big basics, crib, bassinet, play yard, glider, diapers wipes, clothes, etc.) so I just want this to be a big celebration with my family. I'm thinking of having it at my church because I think that would be cheaper, but idk if they rent the room. So right now, I need a location and once I figure that out I can plan the menu. Do you think you should feed everyone a full meal at a shower or can I just do snacks? AHH!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• gottalovemal

My shower is at a nice park, so if u needta get cheap, park is free.

and my mom has a bunch of snacks/finger foods planned but if more guests show up she said she's just gonna run and get pizza, the only big food item is the cake. also my shower is from 1-3 so theres no point in serving a huge meal

this shower is very low budget so I could give u some tips on what my mom has planned if you want
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yes!! mine is august 22nd
    i'm not stressing about it, 'cause my mother & SO's mother are organizing the whole event for us.
    i am very excited - it should be so much fun!!
    and i registered at target & babies r us
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009