Green Poop?

my 2yr old grandson has been having green pastey poop a lot lately. occasionaly he will have ONE normal brown lump. he eats normal food and drinks soy milk as cows milk gives him gas pain and diarreah. any suggestions as to the cause, he does eat a variety of fruits and vegatables not just green foods. Drs tests are all negative. He is now on the low end of the growth chart in height and weight.

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 2:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has he had a lot of iron recently? I think it's iron that would cause it to be green....if I'm remembering correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my daughter has always been low on the growth chart. If your small or u were b4 kid(s) or ur husband is small then he can be. they just want all kids to be the same for some reason. Anyways my daughter also had green poop a lot eventually it worked its self out and turned normal it took about a yr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• sry u said GRANDson.. if his parents are small... sorry
    Anonymous

• When my daughter eats a lot of blueberries she gets green poop

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• UPDATE!!!!

My mother discovered it MIGHT be because of my son may not be digesting all of his food properly. Hense his lower end of the charts. How ever I do agree as the child mother that Both his father and I are under 6 feet so I haven't really had cause for alarm. However I am making an appointment with the doctor anyhow. Thanks for all the advice, please keep it coming.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2009