I started my own company, how can I find free advertising?

I started selling my handcrafted soaps, bath bombs and other natural goods. How do I promote my website without becoming a pest. I am very respectful of rules and such, so I really don't want to piss off anyone :P
Any advice?
pretty please?

glittersteph

Asked by glittersteph at 2:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Get a facebook and twitter account. There are other sites for business minded people I know because I have been sent invites. Try googling to see what comes up. Some of these groups here allow you to advertise your business so join them too. I don't do it but I have heard blogging is all teh rage now and a good way to advertise yourself. If you are big into it you could put a small ad in your local paper. Good luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• vistaprint.com gives you about 200 free business cards with just the price of shipping.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• definitely use the social networks but there are also a lot of women that have mom sites that let you advertise at low cost or free. Here is a great new site and it's free to advertise, I was really impressed with this site

www.livingmyMoMent.com
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Go to www.LaptopsandLaundry.com. Then go to Work From Home >Adertising resources. There are a LOT of different things you can do....for free! Let me know if you would like any help!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• advertising :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Wow, thank you for all of the advice! I have been using vista print, I got a cool car magnet, biz cards, and even a t-shirt! LOL I've been wearing it like crazy.
    I've never done this and it sooooo overwhelming. I'm sure you guys know:)
    I'm not sure how I am going to keep up with everything.
    glittersteph

Answer by glittersteph at 3:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• you can advertise for free on craigslist.

start going to networking events, like with the National Association of Women Business Owners; if you volunteer, then you do not have to pay the fee.

There are area on CM that allow advertising

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'd also look into some yahoo groups. There are some that are for those that work at home and do monthly swaps. How they work is when you join you are put into a group of maybe 4-6 other ladies who have their own home businesses or are reps with a direct selling company. Each month one of the 4-6 ladies is the rep of the month and each person spends a specific amount with that person. It's a way where, yes you have to shop with one of those ladies each month but several times a year they shop with you....and if they love your items they can buy from you anytime!

You can also give free samples to Bed and Breakfasts and smaller family owned motels. Send a price list for mini soaps and such they can leave in the rooms. When I made Soap Petals I had 5 different B&B's buying from me every month!

Talk with women in your area who do Tupperware or another company and see if they want to do a large open house and rotate...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You can do shows with 3 other ladies in one house.....with non competiting products...and share each others customers that way. If each lady invites 50 people and half that number shows up, that is potentialy 100+ people coming in that day that can become customers. Making soap petal soaps for free samples in a baggie with a business card that include scents available on the back can really work, just ASK them for their name and addy.....send any one who signs up a flyer with a price list and a coupon.

The shirts and other things from vista print are great, just add "ASK ME FOR A FREE SAMPLE" on them and carry those little sample bundles with you.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have a list of some good sites on my Blog:

Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009