Those of you with "chubby" babies!

Do you ever get offended, or just plain sick of, people you don't know coming up to you and telling you that you're baby's so chubby?
Last week I was at Target and a mom and her little daughter were in line, and the kid (probably around 3 yrs old) said, "Mommy look a baby!"
And the mother literally looked at my 4 month old in digust and said, "Ohhh, that's a CHUBBY baby." No smile, no nothing.
Anybody else ever have that problem, and what do you say?

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 2:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i hate that.
    my daughter isnt even chubby.
    shes just long and has big thighs.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE my chubby baby. At least I know she is eating well and growing big and strong. My chubby daughter is 5 months old. I took a look at your profile and saw your baby. She is gorgeous and she looks perfect. Do not take offense to it. There is still moms out there that think thin babies is what is the "in" thing. I do not believe in starving babies. I have friends out there that do not feed their children enough because they do not want a chubby baby. Those are the babies that look unhealthy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• See, I have a temper about me.. I probably would have went off.. It wasn't that persons place to say anything about your baby.. even if she is "chubby" shes just a baby for goodness sakes!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• OP here-
    Just wanted to add that I don't mind when the comments aren't rude. I have people come up to me (and it's ALWAYS at Target lol) that say, "Oh I just love chubby babies!" or "Oh I love those rolls," but usually they're from older women.
    It's the rude comments I can't stand.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• What!?!?! Babies are supposed to be chubby and cute! That woman was just plain ignorant. Who makes a comment like that about a 4 month old!?!?!
    Ugh, some people are tactless.

When my son was born he was long and lean and still is. He never chubbed up. I love chubby babies with the little dimples on their hands and roly poly cuteness.
    My nephew was a little chubber and he's SO cute.

I would definitely get pissed off if someone made a comment like that. I'd probaby shoot something back at her because I am really protective of my kid.

I'd rather have a chubby baby than be an ignorant bitch.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Chubby babies over skinny babies ANY DAY!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my ds wasn't chubby, and i was happy about that. nothing wrong with chubby babies, i just didn't want one. i did NOT underfeed him though, i fed him the way he was supposed to be fed. then my dd came along, lol. i didn't want her chubby either, but that's how she turned out. she doesn't have rolls, but she does have cute little thighs, and you should see her cheeks lol. my mom keeps calling her a cabbage patch doll...cuz that's what she looks like!

So i gues you can say i used to be one of those people that thought chubby babies were overfed, but now that i have my own, i know that sometimes that's not the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I don't care either way, but remember, people with skinny babies don't always mean to make them that way. My son eats soooo much, but is still only in the 25th percentile for weight. At almost 4 mos, he has 6 7oz bottles of formula and 3 oz of rice cereal a day. I love my baby, whether he is how he is or if he were chubby. Comments such as those the OP described are mean. I don't like hearing, "Oh, he's so thin!" It goes both ways and it makes me sick.

matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My son is skinny and has never been chubby. I love chubby babies and skinny babies!! I think there is beauty in very child! It is wrong for people to act like they're children are better than anyone else's child! My family thinks my son is TOO skinny but he eats ALL day long!!! Doctor says he is fine so I don't care.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL when I was at a family reunion every one commented on my DD's size she was the biggest, youngest one there! :-) She's perfect! I have had comments from people saying that I over feed her but I just don't get how you can over feed a BF'ed baby! Her doctor says she's great and I need to sell her food as "baby miracle grow!" All of my babies were chubby, they slimmed down once they started walking!

Her weight is in the 100th percentile at 13 lbs for a 9 week old! Her height matches up perfect though!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009