Christians..

what are your favorite passages in the bible about love?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I too like I Corinthians 13.

I also like this passage:
    "Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:34-36)

and

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 1 Corinthians 13
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There are 362 verses in the NKJV of the Bible about love. How can I pick just one!!! : )

"But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's special favor that you have been saved!)" Ephesians 2:4-5

Jesus said, "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." John 15:9

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:38-39

Yes, those are some of my favorites. He love us so much!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My very favorite one on love: "For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16. The epitomy of selfless, true, unconditional love.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009