did u have a second baby shower?

I was just reading some questions and some answers and me and my hubby were also wondering

"do you throw a baby shower for the second baby"

I was thinking more of a welcome the baby party, a couple months after his/her birth but i dont know really. Any input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ok heres an idea since ur sis wants to throw it let her but tell her to inform ppl u dont need anything and that ur just celebrating the coming of the baby or tell them you dont need anything and IF THEY want to buy something then go for it. Play some fun games. eat some snacks. and just hang out and talk about how its goin to be. Theres nothing wrong with having two its ur choice.. If you feel a baby shower is for becoming a mommy then u already had ur be coming a mommy shower and dont. but if u feel its for the baby and welcoming them then go for it. its ur choice. There are no cons if u do it or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• a welcome party is a baby shower lol. bc everyone buys things to welcome the baby just as they do a baby shower. Well i had a second baby shower. i still needed things and wanted memories to share with my 2nd too. Also if the baby is a different sex the baby shower helps out. i didnt want my son having pink everything. But do what u feel is right. If you think u need things or just want to celebrate the comin for the second go for it. if you think you dont need anything or just feel the need for ppl to come see the baby after its born then dont ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I didn't want to, but peple do. And they gave me one at work anyway. I think its ok. People closest to you are going to give you a present for the baby anyway - so I think its ok. Congrats!!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It depends on how far apart the siblings are, if the second one is a different sex. In my family we don't throw showers for ourselves, another family member does, and it's *supposed* to be a surprise, but I knew about mine. My DS is three, and my family threw a baby shower for him, but we moved about a 1000 miles away and now we're around SOs family, so I will probably get another shower just for the simple fact that his family didn't get to participate in the first one.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. I don't know if it's customary to throw a shower for each baby or not. It seems unfair to just make a big deal about the first born.

I plan on having a "Welcome to the world" party with a bunch of my girlfriends after the baby is born.
    We don't need baby stuff since we've still got everything from the first baby(who's now 2.5) so I figured that I'd just celebrate the birth a different way.

Can't you just imagine when your kids are older and realize that one got a celebration and the other didn't? They will use that against each other and against you! Ha ha ha!
    Think of it as pre-planning for avoiding a future issue. ;)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• you would throw yourself one? nope. i think seconds are tacky. if it is a work shower or your friends that insist- fine. the shower is not about the baby, it's about you entering into mommy and daddy stage - you only do that once.
    if you want to celebrate the birth of your child - do it and tell your friends no gifts. if anyone really wants to give you something- they'll do it at the birth. if they don't - don't ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• not throw myself...LOL

my sis is asking if I would want one and I dont know what to say so I told her to wait and let me think, I dont want to seem like a greedy person by seeming like I want more gifts, I just really want a celebration for both babies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• As Laila-May said the kids will use it against one another and u.. its true they will. my mom had a baby shower for me bc someone suprised her with it. but when it came to the other kids she didnt get one. and they all use to hold it against her and say im a mamas girls bc of it ..we are older now so we dont think that way but kids are mean lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ok its about being a mommy for the 1st time?? ur apparently the only one that sees it that way. we all are talkin like its to celebrate the baby coming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yes we had a second and a third. My first seven years older then the second, so we had no baby things. So my family threw a shower. Then the third came 18 months later and we had a little party, but instead of gifts, people brought frozen home cooked meals, for after the baby was born. It was a godsend. I didn't have to cook for the first six weeks. they brought breakfasts and dinners, so we ate leftovers for lunch.
    It was nice to have a party for them to say how happy they were for our new baby, and they wanted to bring something, so the food thing was REALLY nice.
    Good luck, I say if somebody offers one then accept it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009