Christians..

since I've asked you to show me passages, that talk of love. What would your words be, to someone who is spewing hate, condemnation, etc, in the name of Christ?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 2:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus said, "I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you." John 15:12.

Jesus' love was sacrificial and passionate. He didn't force Himself on people, but His kindness and majesty drew multitudes of people. He was glorious. He loves everyone, whether they love Him back or not. They are made in His image, by His hand. He would never ask us to go out and insult and disgrace them.

He tells us to love other people the same way He does. Pray and ask the Lord to help you see these people you are being harsh to through HIS eyes. Pray and ask Him to give you His love for them.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I will pray for you (the person, not you)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I knew what you meant anon:)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Cinnamon Mom said it all

I want to add that we are made in HIS image and we need to reflect that ! If we don't we truly do not love HIM. If we truly do not love Him then how are we to love others
    It says Love the Lord your God and only Him shall you serve then it says love your neighbor as yourself
    Love God then learn to Love yourself then learn to Love others.... you cannot love others without the first two!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Spewing hate in the name of Christ?

- I guess what I would say would depend on how well I know that person. If it were a stranger, I'd probably leave it at "that's not very nice." If it were someone as close to me as my husband, I'd have a very long talk with him about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009