What do you do with your time at home when the kids go back to school?

I still have my four year old daughter at home with me, so I thought about heading to the library for story time with her and maybe re-enrolling her in dance class to pass the time so she won't be lost without her twin brothers here all alone.(well not really alone, i'll be here, but mom can only be "fun" for so long LOL)

Is your schedule any different? I know that next year when my daughter goes to kindergarten i'm going to take some classes at the community college here so I can get a teaching degree. I'll probably be baking alot too and maybe start doing some sort of craft with my daughter just not sure what kind of craft i'd like to do.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 2:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in

• I work from home and do volunteer work.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I still have one at home. She's 3. Other then having to get up earlier then in the summer my schedule wasn't much different. There was just that rush to get the kids to school in the morning and make sure we were there to pick them up in the afternoon. But otherwise I do the same things every day (some cleaning, some knitting, some scrapbooking, cooking, watching TV, hanging out with the youngest, etc). I guess the big difference is when the older kids are around she plays with them and I don't have to entertain her.
    She starts preschool this fall, though. 2 days a week for 2 hours each week. Not sure what I will do with all my free time, lol. Probably just go for a walk.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:50 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Our youngest starts kindergarten this yr so all 3 will be in school... I've been thinking about what I can do to pass the time but I have a feeling I will be helping out with school a lot. I want our boys to know I'm there off and on , maybe it will keep them on their toes and help our youngest feel a bit more secure about leaving home. I have always been involved in school with our older 2 but now I can be a bit more active since they will all be busy and I can focus on what needs to be done. This is a new freedom for me and I plan to take full advantage of it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my boys will all be in school this year but i also work pt so it will be nice not to have to rush home after work. I will start walking more and reading!! trying to make up for the crazy summer we have had!!
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 9:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I got a part-time job.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• I usually clean, spend time with my youngest, and rest.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• Ah... the peace and quiet...
    I only have my 8 yr old gs so there are no more kiddies at home during the day... the house is ALL mine.. after gs goes to school and dh is off to work....lol...
    I usually get the housework done fairly early and then just veg... I am a SAHGM so it's nice to have that *ME* time ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• It's been a while since i've had school aged kids. My ex got custody of my two boys three years ago, so I haven't had the joy of taking the kids to school in the morning and volunteering. That will be so much fun. I just feel bad for my daughter though, she will be lonely without her brothers here to keep her company. But i'm kind of looking forward to her and i having some mommy daughter time with each other.

I'm sure my house will be cleaner though, which will be nice for a change. And my daughter loves to be my helper so cleaning in the morning should be a breeze. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2009