Any other skinny girls out there?

Do any of you condone being whistled at or the "talk of the town"?

I couldn't stand it.

I HATE being hit on by strangers and dropped lines.

Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've always been a skinny girl. Not overly thin, but a comfortable size 4 at 5'4.

The chubby girls I went to school with thought they had it rough being made fun of or called fat? How about the girls my size, or the pretty girls, the girls with the pretty smiles or eyes or hair? Did you consider that maybe I didn't like the boys whistling at me either, and making snide comments and lying and chalking me up to a notch on their bedpost to be applauded by his buddies?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I'm not really skinny, but I dress appropriately for my body type. And I have to say I still get "googly eyes" from men when I go someplace. It's kind of embarrassing when my kids are around, and yet it makes me feel kinda good to know i "still got it" even after giving birth to seven kids. LOLLLL I had one guy at a check cashing place get all nervous and weirded out around me(which is a first usually i'm the one who'd act weird around nice eye candy LOL) and they had little gifts for kids and he gave me a whole handful of these toys for my kids. I was cracking up when i got into the car...the kids were so excited though.

I'm "average", my SO loves my body and me so it's not like i crave other mens looks. But this was a good question, because it made me giggle just thinking about how men reacted.

have you ever noticed too how some days you are dressed crappy, hair not done(just woke up maybe??) and guys seem friendlier?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was Thin most of my Life! Now I'm not. I'm A size: 6. But sometimes can fit into size: 2 or 4 's. But I've gotten hit on Alot! I'm Still Called young Lady & I'm 48!! I still look Young for some Reason. Guys come up to me from High school & said they heard I always Had A Big Boy freind. Besides that I was Too Pretty! Can you Buy that? Too Pretty to not Ask out? Anyway.. I don't see myself as skinny. I have Belly Fat. I hate it! DH says I look Great. I don't Beleive him. Am I still Hit on Yes. Do Guys hold up A #10 sign when I go by..? Sometimes!! Have I thought I heard it All? Maybe!! I've heard some Duesy's! You don't have to be Skinny to be Hit on, hear it all Etc.. I guess it might help I have Barbie long Pretty Hair & A bust line Natural like Pamela Lee!??? Am I Loved for me by them!? Who knows? I've been long time Married. I'm Also A Wonderful Mother & Grand mother! But Beauty comes in all sizes!! A Bubbly personality.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yeah, my SO and I went out to a bar last night and I walked up to the bar by myself to get a drink and on the way back to my table these 2 guys were in front of me. Well the 1 guy right in front of me said to his buddy, "Hey man, let her go first I want to watch." So they stopped and I kept walking and he said, "Damn, I'm glad I waited!" All loud enough to where I could hear him. It really does get annoying sometimes to have guys staring and making comments like that all the time. And anon :17 I hear ya on the too pretty, because even when I was single and wanted guys to ask me out or buy me drinks, it didn't happen. They all wanted to stare and make comments, but none of them actually had the balls to come talk to me. And in school, when I was still a VIRGIN, I had guys I didn't even know telling people that I had sex with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Does "skinny" also mean "ignorant"? Because there are plenty of not-skinny ladies suffering exactly the same "torments" as you describe. Pick-up lines and degrading comments are not just for skinny girls, so get over yourself. Men can be pigs; you don't like the whistles and cat-calls? Get good with your 'nad-crushing kick and left hook.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• fistandantalus, men ARE pigs. As is understood. But I'll tell you from the skinny standpoint that I am NOT ignorant because of it. I have a few heavier friends, and they all envy me because of it. But you know what? I'm almost ashamed sometimes when we go out that all eyes are on me. It doesn't have anything to do with being conceited, just trying to make a point that being thin isn't all that "in".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• No your post makes it out like skinny women are the only ones with this issue. You can have a skinny woman right next to a larger girl, depending on what a man likes the larger woman could get the cat calls over the skinny woman. What you should have said was Ladies, do you condone getting whistled at? blah blah blah.
    Just because I am not skinny does not mean that I am butt face ugly. There ARE butt face ugly skinny girls out there believe it or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009