Enfilmil, Similac, or Good Start which do you use/ what is best?

I just want to know out of the three which one is best. Please you can answer ANON so other dont know you are not breastfeding. I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT BREASTFEDDING OR BREASTFED DONORS or whatever.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 3:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what is best to be honest.. we always used similac.. first the advance, then soy and finally the alimentum, which is hypoallergenic. If I am not mistaken Good Start is broken down a little more and from what I hear supposed to be easier for the babies to digest.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The best is the one YOUR BABY will take. They're pretty much the same otherwise.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The best for us was Enfamil. That's what WIC provided.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i use the soy enfamil
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 3:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I like Good Start. We tried the Enfamil and she kept spitting it up, and I mean projectile spit up. So we switched back. It's a little more expensive, but worth it I think.
    Actually I just bought the Walgreens brand the other day because it was $10 cheaper than the Good Start. She's taking it fine, but it smells so bad in the can and the consistency is clumpier than than the Good Start. It's not expired, I checked.
    So after this can is gone, I'm sticking to the Good Start.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i meant soy similac
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 3:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• There's no "best" formula. Only what your baby can tolerate. You shouldn't block out the option of donor milk. That's what is really best for baby 2nd to your milk. In most cases, all you pay is shipping. So it's better and cheaper than formula. But if you insist on formula, there's no answer. You just have to try them all and see which causes the least problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• We used Enfamil Gentlease and now just Enfamil Lipil. They have worked great for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ALL formulas has to have the minimum federal nutrients, does it mean that all are the same, not necessarily. FInd out info about soy...see if youa re ok with it, find out info about DHA and ARA make sure you are ok with it, find out about prebiotics they add make sure youa re ok with it....seriously the additives for me are a HUGE issue with any formula...get your info from a neutral source not from the formula compnay itself.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• If I could not breastfeed or use donor milk, I would use homemade formula. When my first son was supplemented with formula, all three of those made him sick. I contacted La Leche League and learned how to increase my supply. Good luck in finding what is best for your baby!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 6:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009