Forget terrible 2's and 3's...how about terrible 4's!!! ALL I do is discipline my 4 year old son, all day long. I'm like, didn't I just tell you about that? Is this normal?!!!! And when does get easier?

And don't get it twisted, we do LOTs of fun activities together. But sometimes he acts like he doesn't have any discipline at all!!!

momof2boys423

Asked by momof2boys423 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It would seem that you need to change up your discipline routine. I would suggest looking into taking a Love and Logic class. It really helped my dh and I. Good luck!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I hear ya! My DD will be 4 soon and she has always been an angel until recently! She drives me absolutely crazy and I want to cry sometimes and other times I get so angry. She has gotten so whiny and doesn't listen to anythimng I say. Use to I could tell her one time, now I end up telling her 10 times and I start yelling! I guess it is just a phase. I hope I live through it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My daughter is 4 and I get so frustrated with her because I feel as if she is trying to "push my buttons" all the time now. She is bright and I feel as if some days I could just pull all my hair out. I feel as if all I did all day was say: don't do that, why are you doing that? did I not just say don't do that? are you listening to me? why are you still doing that? don't hit your brother... Don't don't don't. EEEEK. I have had to go into the bathroom and cry sometimes. She was never like this at 2 or 3. I am with you - 4 seems to just be especially difficult. I have tried doing a positive points board. (good behavior rewarded) with stickers for every time she listens and does nice things. It seems to work but I found it hard to follow through because my 2 year old son wants to tear down our chart... should devise other points board.

1floridanative

Answer by 1floridanative at 10:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I have a 3 year old like that, are you saying it keeps going at 4? I need about 500 bucks a month then so I can send her to Pre-K cuz momma aint gonna live through this another year and a half!!!!!!
    alli286

Answer by alli286 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I read "Positive Discipline for Pre-Schoolers" It gave wonderful insight, it really helped me. Give it a try.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2009