Does anyone know any good severe cold remedies?

I have really bad chest congestion and it's really bothering me. I need to get better fast so i don't get my kids or my mom, who is battling lung cancer, sick.

Ali-Rippy

Asked by Ali-Rippy at 3:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• At the first sign of a cold, take a gram of vitamin C or 2 grams and then an hour later, if the symptoms still exist - if you're still sneezing, or your nose is running or feel shivery, take another 1 or 2 grams of vitamin C. It works well.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You can't flush a cold out of your system, but drinking plenty of liquids can help. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which make dehydration worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I suggest a (saltwater gargle)1/2 teaspoon salt dissolved in an 8-ounce glass of warm water — can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat. Also, Drinking honey mixed with tea or warm lemon water is a time-honored way to soothe a sore throat. Now researchers are studying honey as a cough suppressant. In a 2007 study, children ages 2 and older with upper respiratory tract infections were given up to 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) of honey at bedtime. The honey seemed to reduce nighttime coughing and improve sleep. Try that and good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I stear away from medications so I just drink a crap load of water. It helps ur system flush out and yes it works. cold medications just help mask the symptoms, if you can help your body rid the toxins its the best way to go.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• HI SWEETY!! I'M SORRY YOU FEEL SO BAD!! I USUALLY USE ALKA-SELTZER COLD MEDICINE. THAT IS WHAT HELP'S MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF!!! I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON. IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO LET ME KNOW OK?
    LOVE YA,
    BILLIE MAE
    hurting58

Answer by hurting58 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2009