cheap baby shower tips?

throw em at me!! I'm at a 600ish-800ish budget and can't have it at my own home (way too small) or anyone else's. And am having like 50 guests or so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go to a park, do it at a time between lunch and dinner so people dont expect a full meal and just do snacks, do digital invites and email them they are free

What we are going to do for favors is make sugar cookies shaped like baby things and icing sprinkles etc for the guests to decorate their own cookie and take it home, cookie dough is cheap and you can make homemade icing which is simple and cheap.

if you dont want to do something bigger as a favor, set up a quiz or competition, our baby shower is a video game theme so guys and girls can both be there, we are doing a quiz on video game knowledge, the highest score gets a shirt with yoshi on it, then prizes for the second ad third highest.

Another thing is ask you family and friends for help, i have a friend who decorates cakes for a living and instead of recieveing a gift from her i asked her to make the cake.
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 3:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i made all my own invites also for party gifts i went to an outlet store to buy all of them and really people dont care what they get i pretty much got all candles and soap stuff like that go online they have a lot of good ideas i hope this helps.....oh where to have it do you know anyone that lives in an apart. i used the apart.s party room they didnt charge us anything
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 3:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• maybe a park, thats what Im doing, or at another family members house.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yea a park...And Im having a co-ed baby shower, but its not really a baby shower, more like a baby party. I don't like all the dumb games they have at b/s. And then we're just going to bbq and play music and have fun. My family is half mexican and my husband is full mexican so its just gonna be one big FIESTA!!!!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• That's $12 to $16 each. I wonder if a small restaurant would do it. It's a lot of people even for a large house. A park might work if is has a pavilion big enough for that many people in case of rain or for shade. If you could have it in a park then you could grill hot dogs and hamburgs, have chips, soda, condiments, cake. If not, check with firehalls and restaurants to see if you could work a deal. I hired a tent, tables, chairs and had a good sized meal catered, and it came to around $1000. But that was 8 years ago.

Answer by Bmat at 3:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• if you have it at a park..the parents could bring their children and husband and let them go play and act a fool
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009