c-section and surgical glue...

i had a c-section on the 22nd and they stitched me up on the inside and glued me on the outside... well now the glue is turning brown.. is that normal. i dont think it is infected because it isnt draining anything. also when you had a c-section were you still numb down where the scar is going to be.. i am. i have a doctors app on monday but just wanted to know about these things. and i will talk to him about it. just want some peace of mind for now

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about the glue, I was stapled. But the numbness is common and I had my C section over 3 years ago and it still sometimes feels weird and a little numb around my scar.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I just had a c-section on july 3rd and still feel some numbness and they I think stiched me inside too but staples outside and took the staples out too soon so I had to have that strong tape stuff put on and gauze pads and stuff to cover it incase of any bleeding and I still have some pains in my stomach and down there sometimes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was glued when my son was born 15 months ago... The color is typical and it will slowly fall off as you heal. I never noticed a numbness, but from what I have read many women have that sensation.
    heatkab

Answer by heatkab at 9:10 PM on Aug. 1, 2009