c-section and surgical glue

i had a c-section on the 22nd and they stitched me up on the inside and glued me on the outside... well now the glue is turning brown.. is that normal. i dont think it is infected because it isnt draining anything. also when you had a c-section were you still numb down where the scar is going to be.. i am. i have a doctors app on monday but just wanted to know about these things. and i will talk to him about it. just want some peace of mind for now

ALLIE637

Asked by ALLIE637 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its going to stay numb there, 5 1/2 months later, its still numb...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was numb for months in the area of my scar - for like 6 months. As for the glue.. I have no idea =\ I had staples.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• okay i kinda thought the numbness would stay,.. there of coarse had to be some nerve damage.. but yeah im keeping the glued area clean and dry it just looks dirty.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• the numbness takes forever to go away....and you'll still have occasional pains for about a year afterwards. don't know about the glue b/c both of mine were stitches.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The glue turning brown is normal, it will start falling off eventually, then you´ll only see a pink line
    Iansmommy004

Answer by Iansmommy004 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I pealed my glue off at about 10 days. It was turning grey and gross looking so I just started taking the peices that were sticking up and pulling them off over a few days period. Didn't hurt! As for the numbness, I still have some numbness at 20 mos post C and a few pains here and there. My MIL had a C 23 years ago and still has numbness and pains there at times.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• 20 years later my mom is still numb where her scar is....
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009