What do you use for a cold sore??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• Herpicin is a prescription ointment that works well. Over the counter blistex is very good.

Answer by Bmat at 3:36 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Lysine, find it in the viatamin aisle. Take it as soon as you feel the tingle and if you get it quick enough somtimes they don't even show up. At the least it helps it heal much quicker. Take it along with Vit. C.
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh- I take 2 (500) Lysine in a.m and pm along with 500 Vit.C x2 a day
    jamiesuev22

Answer by jamiesuev22 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I take 5 days worth of acyclovir. It works wonders. I start it as soon as I feel the tingle and I have scabs the next day instead of weepy itchy blisters. I am going to get one talking about it so I will leave.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Like a PP said, L-Lysine. It is a tablet you take. You can find it at any store like Walmart or Walgreens or a health food store. My Mom had bad cold sores constantly for years and she started taking it 10 years ago and has only had one or two since then. She swears by it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Oh forgot to mention she takes her Lysine every day. You will have to look on the bottle for the dosage. Nothing harmful in it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:45 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Precription Denavir works wonders
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2009