• In the Spotlight:

What exactly is ACORN?

Why are they bad? What have they done? I was just watching the news and they were saying ACORN was bad and Obama used to be a member yadda yadda yadda... If it's as bad as the news is making it out to be how did Obama get to be the president? Im just confused...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, they are bad. I'm sorry you didn't follow the campaign and you obviously don't watch Glenn Beck or O'Reilly. It's way to complicated to explain in this tiny box. Suffice to say they are in
    Obamas pocket, they are corrupt beyond reason and they are being investigated by everyone and their dog. LOL
    Psst. I don't know how Obama got elected either. Weird huh?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• They did not submit our registration cards. They only didn't submit those who registered Republican or Independent. We even got a nicely forged card with our precinct a few weeks later looked identical to our friends who registered at the DMV. We got to the precinct to vote and were not on the list. We did the provisional ballots and then a few months later recieved notice we were not registered and nothing had been submitted. We know 30 people in our community who registered with this same Acron group who were Conservative who were unable to have thier vote count. On local issues those 30 votes made a huge difference. They claim Bush stole the election I know for a fact Acorn helped Obama steal this one at least in my area. We filed a lawsuit against them will see what happens. I have my reciept from registering as do many others. They are a bad organization which means our President could not be that great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Bunch of frauds.You can find alot of info on the web just google it.The best part is these SOB's will be heading over the census now too great huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Check out this site

http://www.acorncracked.com/
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Glenn Beck or O'Reilly are opinionated and biased! Please OP, don't go to these guys for information! You can do a google search, you can go to a local library and do shelf and paper research, but please, I beg of you--stay away from political pundits who offer one sided and personal views based on bits and pieces of the whole story!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 4:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• but yet she could look at all the lawsuits filed.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:07 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ACORN is a community based liberal voter registration group that gathered some 13000 voter registrants during the campaign. As per US dept of Election requirements all signatures are/were turned in for verification. Acorn reported any suspicious registrants as required by law. During the campaign, John McCain began crowing about it because the majority of the registrants were registering as Democrats--a base that was not behind the McCain/Palin ticket. He and others claimed registrations for the Republican party were being eschewed to bolster the numbers for Obama (proof of such behavior or action has yet to have been provided). The fact that most of those registering with this organization were of the demographic believed to be most supportive of Obama seems to be at the crux of the problem. I didn't list my sources--do a google search of "charges against ACORN" and you will find the same facts.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 4:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• All of you ar soo right but there is so much more. Acorn is just a piece of a corrupt web of groups they have funded. If you were watching OReilly and Beck you would know just what they are. Beck is kinda crazy but OReilly is as straight and fair as they come. He even gave Obama the benefit of the doubt whe he got into office(gag) . They were the ones who forced Acorn out in the open and to change their name. They are the ones who found that Acorn was having millions of dollars funneled through a small unnamed storefront in La. They are the ones who asked La governor bobby Jindal to see about looking into their dealing. Don't listen to the conservative haters. They bash some for being on one side or another but omit that they are completely on the other side.
    PS- Neither OReilly or Beck are Republicans
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I ditto what PSwifey said. The fact of the matter is ACORN isn't a bad organization, but they got a bad rap because they hired people to register ALL unregistered voters to vote, and some of those people they hired thought they could make extra money by signing up celebrities, dead people, and the like. ACORNs mistakes was paying their employees commission instead of hourly.

Oh and FYI Carpy's site is right wing drivel.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 5:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• They're a bunch of left wing NUTS!!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009