2 month old

How do you keep your 2 month old entertained?

BusyBeesmom

Asked by BusyBeesmom at 3:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD loves qubo cartoons lol, she could sit there for about an hour and a half and she falls asleep after that, so that way i can clean and cook!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Wow two mos old is way too young to veg out in front of the TV. My 21 mo only vegges out once a week for a half hour, and she's lucky if she gets that.

My LO loved to step outside. I would wrap her in a blanket and we would go out for 5 mins (it was Nov in New England). Walks are always great, and DD loved being in her Moby wrap. Small Rattles are good right now, singing, dancing, cooing back at baby. Around 3 mos I put a square of wall paper on the wall: it was a black backround, with white circles that had coloured outlines around them. DD LOVED that wall paper. It became her first friend lol she would stare at it and talk to it, cooing and squeaking. Black, white, and red colours will grab the baby's attention. HTH!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:29 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• My daughter loves books and has loved them since about 6 weeks. We lay on the floor head to head and I hold the book above us and read them to her and she would kick and coo and smile up a storm. Working on crasping with a rattle is also wonderful. Something thin and little so they can grab it easily. We also did baby exercises. Bicycle her legs, sit up, push ups (it was really just tummy time) Stretch the arms and legs. 2 months is a great age to start those conversation skills. My daughter would coo at my husband for hours (he is a good cooer...he he).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• well i can tell you that not ALL babies are satisfied by just simple things like the first poster said..and dont let anyone tell you your baby is too young for this and that...your the parent, im sure your capable of making good decisions for your baby..and when they are only 2 months i think it stimulates them(watching tv)..because of all the movements and different shapes and colors and peoples faces..i always put on baby einstien for my baby(2 months old) and she likes it when shes content..sometimes i just hold her and put music videos on and dance, we go for alot of walks lately,park sometimes,and wen im doing things around the house i hold her on my hip so she can see everything and i talk to her as i do things..also tummy time everyday(my daughter has rolled over already cuz i do it everyday)..its a lot of work and i feel that im always coming up with new ways to keep her entertained.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2009