Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting Custody PIOG

Okay my SOs aunt is pretty screwed up now. She has three kids, ones leaving for college, well just left, the other one is gone for the summer shes 15 i believe (she just got them back, she didnt raise them)..and she has a 5 year old. The five year old has witnessed some AWFUL things and had to deal with no electricity, no food off and on, and an array of BS. Well a week ago the ladies SO beat the crap out of her (this isnt a first), but he put her in the hospital, she had to get stiches, and the 5 year old was around. MY SOs mom came down and took the 5 year old back with her, but after going down to visit the aunt yesterday, she let the man back home. my SOs mom cant keep the girl when school goes back, and were not in the PERFECT situation to do so, but i WANT to sooo bad, i want that poor child out of that situation!? his aunts face is all scared up and she has men livin in the home, i wnat her kids!? what would u do!?


Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • take the kids.... now I know some people down this, but most states if you take on relatives, (as I did a grandson) will put that child on PA and if needed the family to assure that you can afford to keep this child.
    Now contact your local police and cps and probate court to see what you have to do... but do it... the 15 yr old will need a place too so you should go ahead and apply for that one too... there is help out there if you look and are NOT afraid to ask out of the sake of these children...

    I wish you all the luck.. if you wish to talk about it plz feel free to pm me anytime...

    Answer by gmasboy at 6:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

  • I would do everything in my power to get that child out of that situation. Call CPS? I don't know the appropriate steps but hopefully someone will. Good luck!

    Answer by jamiesuev22 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009