Divorce

I need a divorce badly but don't have the first clue how to go about it. I'm 2,000 miles away from my friends and family and want to just go home asap but know I probably can't with do that (because of dd) How do you get started & does anyone know about leaving the state with you child in the meantime? I'm in Vegas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• go to www.womenslaw.org and link to KNOW THE LAWS then look up your state to see if you can take your child across state lines. You can contact legal aid about the divorce if you don't have money.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It is a fact that divorce, or separation of family can be the most difficult and stressful time in your life. You are entitled to receive fast and effective solutions that restore your peace of mind. You need a knowledgeable, determined and compassionate Las Vegas divorce lawyers who will explain your legal rights in easy-to-understand terms.

Download Your Own Divorce
    Fast & Easy- Create Online & Print. Custom For Your Needs. Get One Now! www.DivorceWriter.com

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Don’t make any sudden moves that will affect your spouse without telling him or her about it first. Give your spouse plenty of time to adjust, to get used to the idea, to make other plans. This includes closing accounts, taking things out of the house, withdrawing funds, or filing papers. Lawyers are notoriously bad letter-writers and generally tend to upset people even without meaning to; so if your lawyer plans to write to your spouse, make sure you smooth the way first.

Consider filing the Petition so it requires a marital settlement agreement. Make it so you can’t go forward without either an agreement or an amended Petition. These steps let your spouse know there’s no need to Respond in a hurry, that there’s time to talk.

I hope your divorce goes as smooth as possible for you and/or your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2009