How do u know when u are dialated ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the only way is by the doctor telling you or if you lose your plug or water breaks
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• yep...hunters right...theres no way of really knowing without you losing the plug or dr saying you are...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The doctor usually tells you like ^^^^^ said. But also you feel more pressure than usual sometimes. Thats how i was with my first daughter. I was 2 centimeters the last doctors visit b4 i went into labor. Which also happened to be the day i went into labor......lucky me huh...lol. I just felt more pressure down there.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Losing your mucus plug is not a sure sign either that you are dilating, although it can be. You can lose your plug weeks to months before labor, as well as be slightly dilated for weeks for a month or two before labor. There is really no way to know other than getting checked. However there is no reason to get checked either, because how far you are dilated tells you absolutely nothing about how close or far you are to labor. You can be a 1 or 2 for a month beforehand or not be dilated at all and go into labor within hours. We rely too much on knowing, and then get excited or dissapointed for nothing and doctors don't help at all, as they encourage it. You can read this for more info :) http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/cervix-dilation.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2009