36 weeks and 2 days pregnant CAT SCRATCHED MY STOMACH HELP!

ok my cat ever since i was little has had to split personalities.one second hell be fine and let you pet him and then the next hell attack you.well he only does it to me he doesnt do it to anyone else.well i was sitting on the couch and he jumped on my stomach scratched me in 3 places and i have a bite mark by my shoulder.i swear i wanna strangle him.my main question is will it hurt or affect the baby?thanks 2 all who answer.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 3:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Pets

• clean it out with perionxide but neosporin on it and keep a eye on ifestion or tenderness u'll be fine i worked with mean cats when preg with dd i was bit and scratched constinly and she fine.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• no it wont hurt the baby at all...i have fallen flat on my face (or stomach i guess) and was perfectly fine...lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• just watch for infection with the scratches, i understand you love the cat but i think you need to consider how he is going to react with a baby, he could possibly hurt your baby when he/she is born you need to debate weither or not it is worth it
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 4:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was scratched by my deranged cat this morning. I dont think it will hurt you at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• you should be fine as long as the cat isn't sick. and i agree with the above post, if it'll just attack you out of nowhere it may do the same with your baby, and could seriously hurt a baby, especially if you aren't right there next to the baby when/if the cat attacks to get it away
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• ITS MY CAT BUT I DONT LIVE WITH IT.I USE TOO WHEN I LIVED WITH MY PARENTS BUT NOW ME N MY HUBBY LIVE TOGETHER AND THE CAT DOESNT STAY WITH ME.IM JUST OVER AT MY PARENTS HOUSE TODAY BECAUSE ITS MY BABY SHOWER TODAY.WHAT A WAY TO CELEBRATE RIGHT.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 4:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• dont think itll hurt the baby unless ur cat is infected with something. But I would consider getting rid of the cat...what if he has that split personality ith ur LO
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• at my baby shower for my first, my cat went psycho on me and clawed the heck outta my hand- it was swollen and i could barely use it for days. just make sure to clean the wound very well because cats do have bacteria on their feet/claws from the litter box. some neosporin would be good too.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• WILL I GO TO JAIL FOR FIGHTING A CAT?I MEAN IT IS SELF DEFENSE.LOL
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 4:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• the baby should be fine. remember, he/she's cushioned in there & well-protected. just clean the wound, like pp advised & put some neosporin on it.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009