Wisdom teeth question...TMI..maybe

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth taken out on the 14th of July...all 4 of them. And now I have like "puss pockets", almost like a pimple and if I pop it, puss comes out and it's really gross and tastes horrible.

Has anyone had this problem? Please help, I'm worried it might be an infection.

Thanks

megan.demoy2003

Asked by megan.demoy2003 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Health

• Yes, you can get sick of this puss pockets and you need to consult with dental surgeon for the proper treatment and medication.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• it does sound like an infection...call your doc asap...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I dont think there should be puss. thats a sure sign of infection. I had all 4 of mine removed at once and some jaw taken out in the process too. I had a horrible taste I was told it was the taste of the pain meds coming through the wounds, but i never had puss. Id call your dentist puss cant be good
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Yes , definitely check with your Doctor , it also sounds like canker sores .
    Anonymous

• I've heard of blood clots forming but not pus pockets. Get treatment as soon as you can. If you have an urgent care clinic it might be worth it to go there and get some treatment started.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with pps. go to urgent care - it's not good to be casual with infections.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2009