How do I get over my husband's online cheating?

My husband works swing shift so he gets off work after I have gone to bed, and he also takes the night shift watching our 3 month old son. The entire 2 and a half years we have been together he has been going into game chat rooms and talking sexually with women. The first time I caught him was 6 months into our relationship and he swore he would stop. Then 6 months later I caught him again. and now a week ago. This time I truely believe he will stop, but How do I forgive him? We are married with a baby, I can't end it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Why is everyones answer so quick for a divorce. Maybe your husband needs help. He obviously likes chatting and gets excited by another women talking to him. At least he isn't out with a women. You need to talk to your husband and see what is the joy he is getting. A lot of men wonder from their SO when the home life isn't great. Pray and stay married. I think a lot of women have the wrong idea of what marriage really is.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• One work" PRAY"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• that's f'cked up. i woulda cut the internet.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Counseling would seem to be a good idea. Both of you at first and maybe him, whatever you all decide. I wouldn't like that behavior either, and I would consider it a breach of our wedding vows.

Answer by Bmat at 4:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• The only way is a threat. This may save your marriage but it won't stop him from cheating, especially of the other woman sees something she wants from your husband. Unless a love game by the other woman, she will try harder to attract your husband. You may want to decide how worthy your husband is currently to you - how hard you are willing to fight (or tolerate) to save the marriage. Else, get a divorce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would say pray too. Cheating is cheating. When the spouse cheats it effects the children as well. Both my parents each have cheated and the whole family is still paying for it. they are also getting divorced right now. It will take a long long long time before that trust will ever come back. i have never heard of or met anyone who ever truely got over the other spouse cheating. but God will give you peace and grace through this hard time. I would personally have me show everything he is doing online. and prove himself to me over and over again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• i would leave him to stay with my parents for a week to make him think about what he wants. if he wants to ruin something good he has over stupid things like that hes not worth it, you deserve someone who has all your love and respect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree that you should leave for awhile and give him time to think about it. Give him a choice you or the girls online. YOU CAN LEAVE IF HE WON'T STOP!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• It's just play time. It's not cheating imo. Would you feel the need to forgive him for watching the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders show off their stuff and have him say his naughty words to the tv monitor? To me it's no different. It's just a man enjoying the view. He's not going to pursue it. Some men just like to make sure they "still got it" with women. I don't think you have anything to worry about or to get over. Just give him lots of attention and it will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• admckenzie...you are WAY WAY wrong. Please don't listen to that person. They're obviously not married or don't understand what the institution of marriage is.
    I've known men that do the same thing and if they travel for work, they usually have a gf in each city. I know this for fact. The other guys end up trying to meet with who they talk to. Tell your man your expectations. You expect him to act like he's married OFFLINE AND ONLINE. PERIOD.
    IndyMomofTwo

Answer by IndyMomofTwo at 5:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2009