nosey son

Earlier today my son was in the pool and i wen outside to lay out by the pool and get some son and do some reading. I was in my bikini nothing to skimpy the one i have on in the picture actually lol. My son asked my what my bra size is I was so taken back i didnt know how to respond. I said what and he asked again. I said we will talk about this later. What am i suppose to say to him hes 13.

lilone917

Asked by lilone917 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'd be direct without being embarrassed by it and just ask him why he wants to know. At his age boys are looking at girls a little more and you know the conversation that goes on around the lunch table at school or at the park between boys about girls i'm sure isn't all that innocent all the time. Maybe one of his friends saw you and boys being boys so to speak made a comment about you. that's all i can think of. Remember the song "staceys mom"??? nuff said there LOL

It's just like asking your shoe size or pants size, if he had inquired about that would you still be concerned? If you react like breasts are a part of the body like feet and arms I don't think the conversation should be too uncomfortable and you'll receive a more open response from him. But if you get all squeamish he'll sense that and may not ask you more life-important questions down the road.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 4:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I really liked your advice thank you so much. I was really taken back like i said. I dont want to tell him mind your own business or thats not your business, because i want him to be open with me and feel free to be able to ask me and tell me anything and everything. Since i do really like your advice i was hoping I could ask you a few more questions. Do you think i should tell my husband. Should I answer my son I mean your right if he asked my my shoe size or dress size I would answer him.Hes 13 do you think h e understands how bra sizes work if i tell him im in between a 34b and a 34c do you think he will get that lol. Should I just tell him its inappropriate to ask a girl that. I also wantto know why he asked that do you think hes staring at my chest my boobs arent big lol. If your son aksed you that how would you repond. My son is gonna be home again shortly and I know him he is going to ask me again. Im still in my bikin
    lilone917

Answer by lilone917 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I would tell him - it's no big deal - and ask him what brought that on. You could tell your husband or not. Maybe it would be an opening for a guy-to-guy talk?
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I agree with previous, but also add that isn't a polite thing to go around asking girls.
    He was probaly just curious, hearing talk about it somewhere.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 12:09 AM on Aug. 2, 2009

• you should be why you gonna buy me on lol. jk tell him is wrong to ask
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2009

• He probley just figured out there is sizing and asked you. At least he feels comfortable enough to talk to you. Maybe he needs to just know about timing.......
    JDubs76

Answer by JDubs76 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2009

• I think it is great that he feels comfortable enough to ask you a question like that. you must have good comunication so to keep it up i would just tell him the answer. hes prolly just curious. least he came to you and not going to some random girl.
    jhutch8267

Answer by jhutch8267 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009