my daughter is a year on the second and she still doesnt sleep all the way through the night. is there anything I can do?

rachael255

Asked by rachael255 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son wasnt sleeping through the night i started giving him less naps and not letting him sleep at ALL after 3, that was he was sure to be good and tired by the time bedtime rolled around, which in turn helped him sleep through the night, oh and no juice after 3 either, just milk or water. hope it helps! :)
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• How long is all the way through the night for you? Try giving her milk before bed, but not while she's falling asleep. Dentists say that's one of the causes of tooth decay in babies, and recommend water. Routines are great, if you don't have one. About 2 hours before you put her down, make sure the house is quieter, or use white noise - vacuum, washing machine, a fan. Give her a warm bath - Johnson's & Johnson's has this great lavender-scented bath wash. Lavender is a relaxing scent. Soothing music, you get the idea. Man, I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it!
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• do you feed her before bed? i asked a question a while ago about whether i should feed my son before bed or not and a lot of people told me not too because he can gain weight that way but i found that when i do feed him before bed he sleeps through the night!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• my doctor said he should be sleeping all the way through the night and if he cries for an hour, he cries for an hour. I was lucky and it only took 1 day. It is so much nicer now.
    2maidsamilkin

Answer by 2maidsamilkin at 9:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Sleeping the whole night is a developmental milestone that all babies reach in their own time. My baby is 19 months and still wakes up during the night. My oldest didn't sleep all night until at least 2 1/2 years old and he still wakes up most nights at 8 years old.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 4:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2009