Why are people so rude to individuals medicaid?

I just wonder because everyone is not living off the system. There was a person asking a valid question about finding a doctor and she got rude remarks. I myself am college educated and have a bachelors degree also but I live in a area where everyone is fighting to get in McDonald's...and preference is made to Spanish speaking citizens. As soon as our children can go to school full-time then yes I will be making a commute to a job like him. Now the fact that childcare, gas, car care, etc. is so expense it is easier for me to stay at home. So we are have a medical card temporarily.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I too was on the Medicaid wagon for the birth of my second child. And I was on it until 6 weeks after he was born. I made sure I had a tubal ligation in that 6 weeks. Therefore I did not continue to have children I could not afford. My husband too worked his butt off, and at the time there were no "internet" opportunities for working at home. Actually most of todays internet opportunities are bogus. Childcare is outrageously expensive, and even with the new and improved minimum wage, you can't pay that much once you figure in the cost of working. I have no problem with people that have to use public assistance short term, that's why it's there. You should not have gotten a rude response. But I will say that in this healthcare climate, we do get a bit cynical. Too many people are riding the free train and too few of us are trying to support that train. It can make some of us grouchy. Still it's noexcuse for being rude.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 7:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• You have a bachelor's degree? Your grammer is a little off to have spent at least four years in college.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• And your spelling is a little off to be questioning her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• I was on medicaid while I was pregnant and nobody was ever rude to me. I'm sorry you've run into some of the drama-mamas on here. My family gets no other assistance, it was just our circumstances at that time that I needed it then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Ok, first, most teachers in this country barely maintained a "C" average in college and that is a four year degree. Honey, do not fee bad I am in the same boat as you. My husband and I have faced three lay-offs in the last two years, him twice, me once. Even when we were both working we qualified for medicaid and food stamps. We didn't even know until we had to apply for assistance, after his second lay-off. It's just indicative of where our country is heading and people do not seem to understand that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• SaraP1989
    Last I check they have more than a english major in college. I guess you are a english teacher and never misspelled anything!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• LOL. What's a grammer? Is it a gamer who's a grandma?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Because of how much it is costing the government. How long it takes for the doctors and nurses to get paid for it. Even some hospitals have to wait a few years to get paid.I know some doctors that had to close their private office because they didn't get paid and it had been three years already.Im not saying that it is right, but that is part of it. Also so many people just use the government instead of getting off their butt and getting a job so they could pay for it themself! I can see their point though, why work for it if can get it for free. Just sucks for the ones that not only have to pay for their own but have to pay for their neighbors too. Same with mortgages, but thats another story. I'm sorry for your bad experience.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:37 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Umm, her grammar was just fine. So she wrote expense instead of expensive, clearly a typo. For someone talking smack you look pretty dumb considering you were knocking her grammar and you spelled GRAMMAR wrong. LMAO

Anyway OP, people always have to smack about something. Most of these moms got lucky and married a dude with a good job and chalk it up as their own success, without thinking it could have been them need medical assistance. If they treat you badly, treat them badly back. F em!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2009

• Some people just have nothing better to do. As for me why should I qualify for something and not use it? I say go for it. If that's wrong so be it. I work hard to barely make it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2009